Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bot crashing
use the launcher
I'm using the launcher and having the same issue. I hit attach bot and the game closes
There been another small bot update, but still CTD.
(10-01-2014, 01:14 PM)Syther Wrote:  
(10-01-2014, 11:40 AM)Powder Wrote:  Its updated

Ty for the quick update !

Bot attaching great, crafting works,

duty mode is another story - it queues up just normal, but once it enters the duty, bot crashes.

tested with wp and lcoa - redownloaded bot entirely too

Any heads up?

Ty and BR

this problem still exists after minion update + sometimes now clients crashing on attach
I don't want to echo, but yes, game client just closes upon attachment.

Tried to attach at character selection, after character selection, used the launcher, I've tried all possible modes of attachment at the moment and no dice.

Also tried using my fresh install, and still just closing upon using.

I hope my being thorough helps.
Best thing I can suggest is closing open programs 1 at a time and attaching until you find the culprit. I have 5 attached right now with no issues.
I found my culprit, maybe this might help anyone else; I turned off Pingzapper (which is weird, because it worked perfectly with Minion in patch 2.38, but it's acting up again)

I wasn't even using Pingzapper to launch my game, it was just sitting in the background.
Before 2.38 patch, minion would crash if attached to a game running via Pingzapper but would be fine if attached to a normal game even with Pingzapper running and doing nothing in the background.

Basically now, I can't have Pingzapper running at all in any way, related to game or not, or else any attachment to a running ffxiv game will close it immediately.

TLDR for those who don't care for details: Close your latency-reducing programs and see if that's your problem.

PS: Ace said before that things that change your IP can suddenly close your game/minion, but I'd like to add/repeat that I had none of that problem during the big patch 2.38.
I could run Pingzapper with Minion during that time all the time with no sudden closes or anything, so I don't know what was done in that patch, but it helped with the integration of Minion into Pingzapper which was super awesome and I'd just thought to add this tidbit of info.
Thanks for that! Using Pingzapper, this must be it.
After 15 minutes bot crash and dialog appears "Report this error: Action not permited"
(10-04-2014, 01:16 PM)fxfire Wrote:  you mean "Operation not permitted" ?

Yep!