Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bot detects UI lag as stuck and jumps (Mining issue)
After the bot finished mining a node there's a slight delay before it can move again (due to the game's UI). It seems that the bot detects this inability to move as being stuck and starts spamming jump. This in turn results in the bot jumping after every single node it harvests, which looks a little strange to anyone watching.
I noticed this after reading your post...we'll adjust the timing a bit so that it doesn't occur after gathering. It probably won't go live for some time though, thanks for letting us know.

I've added a fix for this (and it also fixes the slight "shaking" that can occur after gathering) which throttles the movement for ~ 2500-3000ms after gathering so that the bot doesn't think that it's stuck. It should get pushed out to the live build within the next few hours.
this is happening to me when bot mounts up he will run in a random direction and jump at the same time (most of the time into a wall) i was reported for that very reason is there any way to fix this? currently i have to disable rendering to get it to stop (i think)
(09-30-2014, 01:29 PM)ffxivmage Wrote:  this is happening to me when bot mounts up he will run in a random direction and jump at the same time (most of the time into a wall) i was reported for that very reason is there any way to fix this? currently i have to disable rendering to get it to stop (i think)

This happens a lot now with hunts. Bot will zone to an aetheryte and if there's a hunt in that zone, it will smash it's face into a wall for 15 seconds while the lag of 100 hunters loading gets sorted out. It keeps doing it until the choco has loaded.

Sometimes it ends up in an unrecoverable spot and becomes obvious as it tried to bounce it's way out of a corner.
This usually only happens if you're throttling your fps on the instance too much and overtaxing the CPU and/or GPU. There's no fix here really other than get a better CPU/GPU and make sure it can handle 20+ fps