Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Crashes When Selecting Skill Profile
Whenever I select a skill profile the game instantly crashes. It crashes when selecting a skill profile under crafting, assist, grind, etc. When I change jobs/craft the skill profile is blank and when I go to select one it crashes. I have done 3 clean installs and tried using the basic profiles that come with the bot and it still crashes. I have also re-installed Directx, .net and visual c distributions. I am running the newest version of the bot with no mods or old profiles and installed to a new directory. I even wiped FFXIV and did a clean install. Any thoughts on how to fix this or is this a known problem with an upcoming fix. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Yup, I'm in the same boat. Did all the same fixes, too. I don't understand why it was working today then I turned it off and took a break, came back and it had some HUGE update that made it crash constantly. Also, the windows are all messed up. There's no main control panel, only the individual ones which is horrible if that's the way it is supposed to be now. Please help!
I deleted the old directory downloaded the FFXIV_Updater.rar and put it in a completely empty directory and ran it. It downloaded the latest files and I ran it with just the base lua modules and profiles. Anytime I select a skill profile the game just suddenly exits(crashes) with no warning. It doesn't matter if I'm on a DoW, DoM, DoH or DoL set to crafting, grind, assist, w/e the game instantly crashes. As I said I even went so far as to do a clean install of FFXIV and directx, visual C and .net. Up until this latest major update I've never had any problems with FFXIV Minion.
(09-02-2014, 07:42 AM)Trystan Wrote:  I deleted the old directory downloaded the FFXIV_Updater.rar and put it in a completely empty directory and ran it. It downloaded the latest files and I ran it with just the base lua modules and profiles. Anytime I select a skill profile the game just suddenly exits(crashes) with no warning. It doesn't matter if I'm on a DoW, DoM, DoH or DoL set to crafting, grind, assist, w/e the game instantly crashes. As I said I even went so far as to do a clean install of FFXIV and directx, visual C and .net. Up until this latest major update I've never had any problems with FFXIV Minion.

THIS. I was so confused why only today it suddenly would crash every time I try to open any profile. Have completely removed everything and redownloaded multiple times with no change.

I literally can not use this software at all and hope to receive an extension on my license for the amount of time it takes to fix this.
(09-02-2014, 09:51 AM)Bobsayshello Wrote:  
(09-02-2014, 07:42 AM)Trystan Wrote:  I deleted the old directory downloaded the FFXIV_Updater.rar and put it in a completely empty directory and ran it. It downloaded the latest files and I ran it with just the base lua modules and profiles. Anytime I select a skill profile the game just suddenly exits(crashes) with no warning. It doesn't matter if I'm on a DoW, DoM, DoH or DoL set to crafting, grind, assist, w/e the game instantly crashes. As I said I even went so far as to do a clean install of FFXIV and directx, visual C and .net. Up until this latest major update I've never had any problems with FFXIV Minion.

THIS. I was so confused why only today it suddenly would crash every time I try to open any profile. Have completely removed everything and redownloaded multiple times with no change.

I literally can not use this software at all and hope to receive an extension on my license for the amount of time it takes to fix this.

we cant fix user error. This isnt happen ive tried 3 different machines. are you running any AV software, Mumble, Teamspeak?
(09-02-2014, 01:29 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  we cant fix user error. This isnt happen ive tried 3 different machines. are you running any AV software, Mumble, Teamspeak?

How is this user error? It's happening to at least 3 of us, I'm sure more, since the update. User error is if it's one person not clicking some setting. I've uploaded a screenshot that shows it's not even loading correctly:
1. There's no main control box, just a small box to choose desired action
2. Sill manger doesn't even open and is not expandable
3. Skill Book doesn't load any skills even after refreshing the mods

Edit:
The forum seems to work as well as the bot. I've tried multiple ways to attach and upload the image, but I can't. Here's the link: http://imgur.com/N6lbXtg
exactly something on your computer is causing issues with the bot.

You need to do a fresh install of all the required files. the .net c++ all that jazz. then do a fresh install of teh bot in to a totaly new folder that is not located in a windows sub folder. make sure no AV team speak mumble is installed. make sure the folder isnt read only.
(09-02-2014, 02:00 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  exactly something on your computer is causing issues with the bot.

You need to do a fresh install of all the required files. the .net c++ all that jazz. then do a fresh install of teh bot in to a totaly new folder that is not located in a windows sub folder. make sure no AV team speak mumble is installed. make sure the folder isnt read only.

I've done all of this. Multiple times. But, for the sake of it I tried once again and it crashed. It seems the only profiles it MIGHT like is the default ones, but I didn't get the chance to test them because it crashed the minute I loaded a custom one.
do you have teamviewer?
(09-02-2014, 02:21 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  do you have teamviewer?

No, but I have SKYPE. I also looked through the rest of the threads and it seems like people say they are having to redo all their custom .lua files. Is that true?