Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Overlay messed up
EDIT: Solution:
As fxfire mentioned, admin rights are required. However, and please correct me if I'm wrong, once minion attaches to the ffxiv process, it is technically the ffxiv process that is making calls to the ffxivminion directrory. For this reason, ffxiv.exe must be started as admin. In order to successfully inject into that process, minion needs to be running as admin too. Thus, both programs have to be running as admin. I believe this is also because I am running as limited user, if you are running as admin all of this should be invisible to you.
====================
The minion overlay is messed up on my other computer's instance of FFXIV. Not sure why.
This is what it looks like:
[Image: PjMD0Gx.png]
When I actually start the bot, there is no window. I have tried ctrl+l and nothing happens. ctrl+c shows an empty console window.

I made sure to download from the link in my user CP and I did a completely fresh install of the bot. Suggestions?
I get that sometimes too. Restarting ff and attaching again fixes it.
(09-21-2014, 08:29 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  I get that sometimes too. Restarting ff and attaching again fixes it.

Unfortunately, restarting minion and the game or restarting my computer does not fix it.
Looks like you have have some other program that has overlay
I used taskmgr to shut down a bunch of programs but I didn't find the overlay. How could I determine which overly is interacting with my ffxiv?
Usually its Mumble, teamspeak, also Nvidia and AMD video card also comes with extra programs that have overlay.
I do not have the voice comm programs running, and I shut off nvidia control panel. Is there a specific setting I could go into in the nvidia control panel to disable overlay?
I think for Nvidia, it was their GForce Experience
I had to uninstall and rollback drivers to get to one that actually installed Geforce Experience. I have turned it off but the visual error that I screenshotted still exists.
Windows 8.1 x64. I'll try moving it to that directory, it's currently in c:\minion.

No luck, things that I have confirmed:

-FFXIV is installed in its default directory
-FFXIV system default settings loaded
-FFXIV is changed from default settings to running in windowed mode (1366x768)
-Minion is in its default directory (c:\ffxivminion)
-AV is off
-Mumble, TS, Vent, Razer comms, etc are uninstalled
-nvidia shadowplay is off with overlays disabled to my knowledge
-No other programs are running. Obviously there are other processes in the background, but there is nothing that would be accessing the FFXIV memory or log (parsers etc)

Did I miss anything?

To reiterate the problem: the bot is attaching fine, but the overlay is not working.